Monday, August 24, 2009

Asian Salad


I have been wanting to post a recipe for the last two weeks but I just didn't have the time. Today I had a day off. Although I was suppose to work on my final assignment (I"m finishing a web design certificate), I decided to give priority to my blog and post a well overdue recipe for you my favorite Mouth Teaser readers, before you start to think that I forgot all about you or that I don't love you anymore :0)

I ate this salad just like this, by itself, nothing else. It was a nice light lunch. It would also be great with grilled chicken or pork for a more substantial meal.

Ingredients

Serves 2

Mix greens or frisee lettuce

1 carrot - julienned

1/2 cucumber - julienned

1 1/2 cup Bean Sprout

Green beans - Approximately 20 - blanched in salted water for 4 minutes and transfered to ice bath to stop cooking.

2 small red baby potatoes - cooked, cooled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes

1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds

Place mix greens on plates. Mix carrots, cucumbers and bean sprouts and drizzle a bit of the dressing over them, mix to coat. Place over greens. Arrange green beans and baby potatoes on each side of the plates. Sprinkle each salad with toasted pumpkin seeds.

Dressing

Fresh Cilantro

1 tbsp sesame oil

1 tbsp soy sauce

1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup

1 1/2 tbsp rice wine vinegar

1/4 tsp red crushed chile pepper

Combine all ingredients and mix well.

No comments: