Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lobster Salad

One thing I really miss about working on yachts (for the ones who don't already know...well yes, I used to work on yachts as a private Chef...seems like centuries ago) is spending the summers in New England and eating fresh lobsters and juicy sweet clams on a bed of linguinis with my dear friend Debby...all fresh from the ocean, I am feeling soooo nostalgic right now..snif.. remembering these good old days...but it only last a few seconds before other memories come rushing through my mind of long, exausting days of work and all of a sudden the nostalgia is gone and I'm quite happy where I am with my freshly caught lobsters from.. well....Sam's..
But hey! all the other ingredients are from our lovely organic farm.

For the Salad:
You can certainly use the vegetables of your choice. Mine had:
2 avocados, sliced
1 cucumbers, cut into ribbons with a potato peeler
2 hard boiled eggs, cut in half
1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 zucchini, cut in half and sliced thinly
1 bunch of fresh basil
2 cups of lettuce, cut bite size

Dressing (my favorite ever)
In your food processor, puree:
1 whole shallot
1 tbl sp of Dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
Fresh lemon juice to taste (about 1 part of lemon to 3 parts of oil)
Dash of red crush Chile pepper
Salt and Pepper

No comments: