Saturday, March 14, 2009

Green Smoothie

I have started to make smoothies a lot for breakfast. I used to drink one huge fresh juice made with 1 cucumber, 1 beet, 2 carrots, 1 apple, some ginger and 1 lemon, followed by loads of fresh fruits but when I workout I need something a little bit heavier then juice and the smoothies are filling this position perfectly. I add some Chia seeds (see my post about Chia seeds) for extra hydration, performance and endurance and I can run 2 marathons in a row...well...o.k. maybe only one :)

I don't have exact quantities for this smoothie, but approximately here is the recipe...you will have to adjust it to your likings.

Ingredients
1/4 pineapple, roughly chopped
1 big banana, cut in 2 inches slices
1 1/2 cups of almond milk
3/4 cup of coconut milk
2 big hand full of fresh cilantro
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2 tsp of agave syrup

Directions
Mix everything together in your blender until smooth.

3 comments:

denise said...

I tried this recipe yesterday, I added 1 tbsp of green tea Sencha soaked few minutes in boiled water and choped. And it was so delicious! Thanks Mimi , I love your blog!
Denise

Mikhail said...

To whom it may concern:

I'm writing because you appear to be interested in promoting green smoothies. I've been asked to help with the article "Green smoothie" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_smoothie), which has been facing stiff opposition.

I am looking for an image to add to the article but I currently do not own a blender. I was wondering if you own the rights to the image http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e6R_yZWKLro/SbvNJJLma6I/AAAAAAAAAR0/Q3m6nrjPC-s/s400/green+smoothie.JPG if you would be willing and able to upload it to Wikipedia (at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Upload) and add an appropriate image copyright tag (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Image_copyright_tags), for example {{GFDL-self}} or {{PD-self}}.

Keep in mind that this will permit both commercial reuse and derivative works. However, I assume it will improve the article.

Thanks,
MAL

Myriam said...

MAL, I know you wrote this ages ago but I moved to South-Korea after I wrote this recipe and didn't go back to my blog until recently (I will start blogging again). You probably found an image by now, but if not, you can certainly use my picture.I'll upload it to wikipedia :0)